Learn the best ways and tips with examples that can help you to flirt with a guy over text. Then, it's time to end the standard texts and take your conversations to a romantic level.
Every girl has that one crush, if not more, who she wants to talk to or at least have a lovely text flirting. So for all those girls who think that he is out of your league, here are some tips for flirting with a guy over text which would leave him feeling about you and maybe even get him to ask you out.
Step 1:- Take the first step.
If you like the guy, then gather up the courage to start a conversation; who knows, he might also be trying to work up the courage to talk to you. Try to start with a text that can then turn into flirting and not something you can reply with one-word text. I mean, don't simply say "Hi" at least text something that will make a guy text more than one word, so you can find your way into flirting later on, like "Hi! How have you been? I haven't seen you in a while" This kind of text gets at least two sentences reply which gives you a lot of scope for turning it into text flirting. This is the best way to start and flirt with a guy over text.
Step 2:- Do the dance.
Once you get the guy's first reply, you have to do the textual dance with him where you push a little and pull a little. Flirting is just like dancing, one step forward, two-step back, and so on. So follow the instruction for this textual dancing.
- Remember Him: Mention something you know or something he did that would make him feel that you noticed him and that’s a huge compliment for the guy and this makes him seem that he has a shot with you and so he starts trying, but don’t be so easy to be taken.
- Smiley faces: Well guys are very visual, they like what they can see so in texting apart from your personal pictures smiley faces are the only thing that can get a guy thinking like a wink, or a tongue or something like that. But never send your personal pictures to a guy on text it makes you seem desperate and easy target which makes the guy lose interest.
- Name calling: Using of names in text makes the text flirting a little more personal and intimate. But if you find a cute nick name for him then you are golden because then it is something that only you two share, kind of a secret and that is really a good sign.
- Naughty flirting: There are times when you want to flirt with a guy naughtily because guys love that but you can’t be direct about it because than it would make them feel that you are easy. So what you can do is, as I said earlier guys are visual so text them something that leaves the ball in their court like “Just trying some new clothes”, “Just had a shower”. This type of text leaves the door open for dirty flirting and once you get a reply of dirty text you will know the guy is ready.
- Short and Sweet: Always keep your text short and sweet. Never try to explain everything you text. And if a guy asks you about some text then try to deflect it because it leaves him making his own stories in his mind which is really good for you because even after the texting is over he will keep thinking about you.
- Common interest: Whenever you find something common between you two, then you must mention it because it leaves guy thinking about what else you guys may have common. And even if you both disagree on something don’t worry that is good too because a little bit of debate will become kind of an inside joke after a while.
- Compliments: All of us like attention, so compliment him from time to time because whenever you compliment him about something he will just try harder to do something nice for you. And secondly if you compliment him it gives him a hint that you are a little into him. So start with little things like “You have great taste in music” or something like that. Than go in a little close to the heart like “You are really funny” or “You make me laugh all the time” which is a huge ego boost for the guy and will help you in a long run. Compliments help to flirt with a guy over text without being obvious.
- Tease him: All guys like to be teased a little. Healthy teasing from a pretty girl makes them feel good and makes them notice you a little bit more than usual. But remember these teasing shouldn’t get too personal or offensive because it just might make the guy lose interest in you.
Step 3: Leave on a good note:
Don't drag the conversation until you both run out of topics to talk about because then it will become a bore, and it will leave nothing for imagination. So always know when to end the conversation, and here are some ways to know when and how to end texting.
When: Text flirting must come to an end when you seem to have lost the direction in which the conversation started, or it's starting to become a little bit boring for either of you. For you, it's simple to know that when it's getting boring, but to know if a guy is bored texting, you would have to pick up on his cues like if suddenly you are the one writing long text. He is only replying with one word like "Okay" or something, then he is bored, and you must stop because text flirting is supposed to be fun, and the moment it becomes a bore for him, he will start losing interest in you which is not good.
Secondly, text flirting can also end when it is at its peak because if you leave, now you will leave him wondering about you the entire day, which is so much fun, then continuing this conversation can soon become a bore. So leave when you are ahead is my advice and always leave him wanting for more.
How: Always end on a good note so you can pick up where you left off. So have some go-to text like "Need to have my beauty sleep, see you in your dreams" or "Goodnight, Sleep tight" This kind of text doesn't push away the guy ask for a break, and then after the break, you both can pick up where you left off.
Meeting plans: This is your ultimate goal to get him to ask you out. When the conversation is going well, and he is as flirty as you are, you know he is ready to meet you. But how to get him to ask you is a different thing, so here are some tips for that as well.
- You don’t have to ask him out. All you have to do is leave a little bit hints here and there like “I would love a nice cup of coffee right now” or maybe mention some upcoming movie or a concert you like. This kind of hints would make him think that you are interested in spending some time together and which in turn will keep him thinking about you.
- You could always say that you had such an amazing _____ to eat or just watched a great movie that he must try or watch.
Thing to remember when text flirting:
- Start with a simple and appealing text.
- Once couples of text are exchanged, than start with the flirting part.
- Mention something personal or some memory of him to boost his confidence and to get him in the comfort zone.
- Once he is comfortable start with the emoticons to see the replies and judge whether he is ready for some actual flirting or not.
- If you feel he is ready then start with some teasing like cute nicknames or something which will make him blush.
- Once teasing is done and he is acting a little bit shy than pay him a compliment and boost his ego.
- After he is confident then, start with the dirty flirting.
- Once you both are comfortable being naughty texting with each other then leave some hints about meeting or planning to meet.
- After that end the conversation on a good note.
- Have this kind of text flirting session 2-3 a day for 15-20 minutes each. Usually have this text session in morning after you both are awake, at night before you both go to sleep and in the evening. Because it will make him think about you entire day and that is always good.
- And don’t make any grammatical mistakes or spelling mistakes in text. Because if you do then it seems that you are not that interested. So always check your text before sending.
Remember that texting is like dancing two steps forward, one step back, and believe me, you will end up on a date with this guy. Read our guide on how to make a guy chase you for more information.